Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yummo


So, I think going from workout posts to a recipe, can't be a good thing. ha! But, actually, I've been exercising, just at a slower pace. A lot went on as far as setbacks, and such. But, I really wanted to keep it up, just blogging everyday started getting old fast. I realized that at my age, I will have to exercise regularly to keep from gaining weight. It's a little depressing to realize your metabolism is slowing down. That's life though.

Because my family is not feeling so great, I decided to make some comfort food. This recipe is a Tuscan white bean soup. I got it from Giada, but I've changed it to make it my own. Here it is:

1-2 shallots, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cans white beans(rinsed)
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-2 whole garlic, peeled
white pepper (to taste)
sage seasoning (to taste) I used 2tsp. You can also use fresh if you have it.

Start off by putting the olive oil and chopped shallots on med. to saute. Add the rinsed beans, and 1/2 cup of broth. Simmer. After about 10 minutes, add in your whole garlic clove, pepper and sage. Add in all the rest of the broth. I use a submersible handheld mixer to then puree the beans with the liquids. You could use a blender, just be careful since it's hot. After it simmers for about 20 minutes, add in your cream. Take about a half cup of the hot liquid and add to the cold cream slowly before you add to your soup. You don't want curdled cream. Turn it on low, or serve immediately. I love this with crunchy, thick garlic bread. Yummy!

Enjoy!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment