Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It really doesn't take much....



It really doesn't take much to make me happy! Bill was cracking up at me yesterday because I freaked out over him buying me a new rolling pin. I have been wanting a "french style" rolling pin forever. I have been wanting to make the perfect pie crust and had been using my old marble dinosaur of a rolling pin to try and do it. It just didn't work. I had mentioned to him I was going to get one soon. Yesterday, while he was at Wal-mart, he picked this Paula Deen one up for me! What a sweetheart! He just laughs at how easily I get excited over stuff like that. I can't wait to try it out!!
Mom, my plate of cookies and tea for breakfast made me think of you! Wish you could've had one, or two or three with me! Cookies and tea for breakfast make me happy :) Wonder where I get that from??? hmmm

Have a happy day full of simple pleasures!

2 comments:

  1. How nice! Little gifts are sometimes the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I am with you. Cookies for breakfast sounds wonderful to me. :) And I love your new rolling pin. I am impressed that you make dough. No...I don't think I will be taking the chandelier apart. You should see it! It's a piece from the 60's and it's a flush mount chandelier. The prism/crystals are about 6" long each and there is a huge crystal ball thing in the center. Either very very tacky or very very elegant. :) hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete