Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 and a protein snack..


It's day 2, and I'm on track. I did a mile yesterday and played the wii with the kids. Today, I did 2 miles and plan on going bike riding with them this afternoon. I may do 20 min. on the treadmill with my LoLo burn app. It's so cool. You get to use your own music and have a trainer tell you a workout routine. I love it.
Yesterday, while I was doing the Leslie Sansone walking workout, Dasiy Mae(our Jack Russell)was staring at me like "what are you doing, mommy?" It really cracked me up. She thinks she's a ballerina, and starts "dancing" whenever anybody plays with her. There we were, me exercising, and Daisy Mae dancing beside me. I'm sure it couldv'e been on AFV. This is her sleeping after her intense dance routine. :)
Here's something you'll love. My Mom gave me this recipe for Sesame/Peanut butter balls. They are so good and a really healthy snack. Here it is:
3/4 c peanut butter (I used Smucker's all natural creamy)
1/2 c honey
3/4 c non-fat, instant milk powder
1 c uncooked rolled oats
1 & 1/4 c toasted sesame seeds (3/4 c in mix, 3/4 c to roll them in)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. boiling water

Use an iron skillet to toast the sesame seeds. I used organic. It only takes a couple minutes to toast them. Stir constantly. Set aside. Mix together pnb, honey, powd. milk and then add the oats and 3/4 c of sesame seeds. Add boiling water, vanilla and mix thoroughly. Shape in 1" balls and roll in the remaining seeds. Chill in refrigerater or freeze. Makes 2.5 dozen.

These are such a great protein snack with no sugar! Sorry about there being no pictures. I actually took some while I was making these, but I'm pressed for time at the moment. I'll add the pics soon.

Have a very happy day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment