Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Motivational speech ahead~


I'm on week 3, and I already fell short of my goal...but wait- all is not lost. I had a talk with myself and said,"Get it in gear, girlfriend!!" I had PLANNED to work out on Friday, but the day drug on and I wasn't motivated. I told myself I had earned a day off. Then, Mon. I planned on fitting it in, but you know how it goes... So, here I am on Tues, and I am back in the saddle. I did 20 minute Zumba express & 45 minute strength training with the Leslie Sansone stretchy band workout. It's like working out with a gigantic rubber band and adds resistance and helps you burn more calories. I'm ready to get back in the groove, and remember why I made the decision to do this in the first place. Technically, working out 3-4 times a week is good, but when you have a personality like mine, you need to commit to every day to stay focused. I take off Sunday. I don't count calories and I don't exercise on Sunday. I'm trying to teach myself a new normal. I have heard that if you do something for 21 days straight, you will have a new habit. We are headed in that zone, and I'm committed. Who's with me??!! Everything counts, even a one mile fast walk. It only takes 15 minutes. Commit to even just one mile a day. Get a pedometer, and clip it on your shirt. Even if you walk in your house, you're making progress. No excuses!! Woohoo!

See you here tomorrow!
Lori
p.s. A great calorie saver if you need to cut back a little in your day is to eat cereal for dinner. I love Special K with red berries and vanilla almond.

No comments:

Post a Comment